Another recipe for everybody! This is a fresh and summery risotto with a minty kick, hope you enjoy I estimated lots of my measurements and quantities in this one so just go with what feels right to you!
Ingredients (Serves 4 – 6)
4 Sticks of Celery (Very finely sliced)
2 medium white onions, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
A bunch of asparagus
Lots of broad beans
Juice of 1 lemon
Rind of 1 Lemon
Some mint leaves (roughly chopped)
Risotto Rice (portion as per packet states)
Chilli Flakes (optional)
- Heat some oil in a pan, and gently fry your onion, garlic and celery until the mixture is soft and translucent (around 10 mins). This will form the base of your risotto.
- Now tip in your rice and fry for about 2 mins making sure that it is well coated. Keep a pan of stock on the boil and add your first quantity to just cover the rice. Make sure you keep stirring and add more stock when necessary.
- Prep your asparagus as follows: Chop of the tips and 1 inch below the tips – these will be used for roasting. Discard the woody ends of your remaining stalks and cut the remaining asparagus into thinly sliced disks.
- Heat oven to 200C / 180C fan / Gas Mark 6. Toss the roasting asparagus in olive oil and roast until soft (around 20 mins).
- After the risotto has been cooking for around 12 mins, add the broad beans and asparagus tips, keep stirring and adding stock when needed, just a ladle full at a time.
- Add the lemon juice, half of your rind, and a some of the chopped mint leaves.
- When the rice is ready, in approximately another 12 minutes time (the risotto should be creamy and binding with a little bit of bite) stir through some parmesan and some butter if you wish, put a lid on your pan and let it sit for around 2 mins.
- Serve risotto ontp plates, top with your roasted asparagus, a little more parmesan, the rest of the lemon rind and some fresh mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (I also added some chilli flakes for an extra kick!)