This quinoa recipe is an amalgam of a couple of different things I have tried and makes a lovely (and super healthy) summer meal. Hope you enjoy 🙂
Ingredients (Serves 4)
1 butternut squash (cut into medium cubes)
Roughly 10 Prunes (I used tinned prunes soaked in fruit juice)
1/2 bag of spinach
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbsp giner, finely chopped
Juice of ½ lemon
1 tsp of mild chilli powder
600ml vegetable stock
A few mint leaves (roughly chopped)
250g quinoa (thoroughly rinsed)
- Heat oven to 200C / 180C fan / Gas Mark 6. Toss butternut squash in olive oil and roast until soft (around 35 mins).
- Whilst the squash is cooking, heat some oil (and butter if you wish) in a saucepan and cook the onion, garlic and ginger.
- Cook for around 10 mins then add the quinoa and chilli powder, give it a good stir making sure your mixture coats the quinoa.
- Add the prunes, lemon juice and stock, cover and simmer for about 25 mins. When you think the quinoa is just about cooked add the spinach and stir through.
- When everything is tender, stir through the butternut squash, sprinkle over the mint, spoon onto plates and crumble your feta over the top!